Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
CASA For Kids
Kenton, Campbell & Pendleton Counties
Volunteer Supervisor Job Description
To provide abused and neglected children safe and permanent homes in which to thrive.
The Volunteer Supervisor will provide professional staff support to the CASA Director and volunteers in the areas of recruitment, training, volunteer supervision, case management and general office duties.
Some evening hours will be required in order to provide support and training for CASA volunteers in training or for ongoing in-service training and supervision. This is a full-time position that may require working outside of the office and taking calls when necessary from the volunteers on the caseload.
The position will cover supervision of volunteers in Kenton, Campbell and Pendleton Counties and travel to all three counties is required.
The Volunteer Supervisor shall have the following education, skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field such as Social Work, Education, Psychology, Counseling or criminal justice.
- Experience working with children or in a child welfare setting is preferred.
- The ability to communicate, train, and support volunteers to be effective advocates.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families relating to child abuse and neglect.
- Public speaking experience is helpful.
- Commitment to CASA’s mission and vision.
- Complete CASA training and background screening
- Be knowledgeable of National and Local Program CASA Standards.
- Case data entry into Optima
- Assist in recruiting, screening and training new volunteers.
- Review new cases and assign volunteers in consultation with the CASA Director.
- Supervise volunteers; provide case management ensuring volunteers comply with National and Local Program CASA standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and distribute assignment documentation.
- Oversee updating and maintenance of case files in the office.
- Attend court hearings as necessary.
- Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as necessary.
- Assist CASA Director with compiling statistics.
- Assist with in-service training.
- Assist with fundraising events, volunteer recognition or other special events.
- Provide office coverage as necessary.
- Administrative duties and other office duties as assigned by the CASA Director
- Salary can range from $28,000 - $31,000 based on experience.