That’s the common thread of those who work with our organization. If you’re ready to make a real difference that you just can’t get at most 8 to 5 jobs, view our job openings and tell us your interests and we’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Job Description: Full time Monday - Friday
To provide abused and neglected children safe and permanent homes in which to thrive.
The Advocacy Supervisor will provide professional staff support to the CASA Director and volunteers in the areas of recruitment, training, volunteer supervision, case management and general office duties.
Some evening hours will be required in order to provide support and training for CASA volunteers in training or for ongoing in-service training and supervision. This is a full-time position that may require working outside of the office and taking calls when necessary from the volunteers on the caseload.
The position will cover supervision of volunteers in Kenton, Campbell and Pendleton Counties and travel to all three counties is required.
The Advocacy Supervisor shall have the following education, skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or 10 years or more of experience) in a Human Services related field such as Social Work, Education, Psychology, Counseling or criminaljustice.
- Experience working with children or in a child welfare setting ispreferred.
- The ability to communicate, train, and support volunteers to be effectiveadvocates.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types ofpersonalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families relating to child abuse and neglect.
- Public speaking experience ishelpful.
- Commitment to CASA’s mission andvision.
- Complete CASA training and backgroundscreening
- Be knowledgeable of National and Local Program CASAStandards.
- Case data entry into Optima
- Assist in recruiting, screening and training newvolunteers.
- Review new cases and assign volunteers in consultation with the CASADirector.
- Supervise volunteers; provide case management ensuring volunteers comply with National and Local Program CASA standards, policies andprocedures.
- Prepare and distribute assignmentdocumentation.
- Oversee updating and maintenance of case files in theoffice.
- Attend court hearings asnecessary.
- Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers asnecessary.
- Assist CASA Director with compiling statistics.
- Assist with in-service training.
- Assist with fundraising events, volunteer recognition or other special events.
- Provide office coverage asnecessary.
- Administrative duties and other office duties as assigned by the CASA Director
- Salary can range from $28,000 - $30,000 based on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nicky Jeffries: firstname.lastname@example.org